Luxardo Sangue Morlacco
The original Maraschino Cherries, Luxardo Limoncello
- 20ml Luxardo Limoncello
- 15ml Luxardo Sangue Morlacco
- 20ml Gin
- 15ml Herbal liqueur
- 2 Luxardo Maraschino Cherries
My inspiration for this this drink is Sicily and my manager Salvatore Dmaino. I have worked with Salvy for a few years now and I like to think he has inspired in this trade with some Italian influence. He is from Sicily himself, hence, the use of the liquers and the flavours from the herbs and roots. The Luxardo Limoncello will add a strong citrus note to the drink which will be balanced by the Luxardo Sangue Morlacco. And finished with some local gin, produced in Southampton, as Salvy is a strong believer in promoting local ingredients and I like to think this drink reflects his personality.
- Add all ingredients into a stirring jug filled with ice,
- Stir down the ingredients and strain into a chilled old fashioned glass,
- Garnish with a couple of Luxardo Maraschino cheries and a sprig of rosemary.