A Summer in Italia
Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 20ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 20ml Bitter Italian Aperitif
- 20ml Mediterranean Infused Gin
- 6 Basil Leaves
- 20ml Fresh Amalfi Lemon Juice
- 10ml Sugar Syrup
- Cracked Black Pepper
I love Italy and everything that the country has to offer, especially on the food and drink side of things. Having spent nearly every summer over the last 4 years in Southern Italy, mainly around Puglia and Bari I have fallen in love with it even more. My inspiration comes fro those long, summer afternoons sitting among the olive groves or on the patios of those great historical towns enjoying a Spritz or two whiling away the days. Using this thought process and taking further inspiration from the amazing produce available in the local markets especailly the armoatic smell of fresh Basillico. I have tried to capture the essence of Italy is all about, to me, and create a cocktail that not only showcases the amazing quality and history of Luxardo but also provokes memories of lost summer days in Puglia.
- Muddle the fresh basil leaves with the sugar and a pinch of black pepper in the base of a Spritz goblet,
- Add the spirits and the fresh lemon juice and fill with crushed ice and churn together,
- Cap with crushed ice,
- Garnish with basil leaves, lemon wedge, black pepper and two straws,
- Serve with fresh tomato, Luxado Maraschino Originale infused balsamic vinger and fresh herb bruschettas.