Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 30ml Grappa
- 20ml Dry Vermouth
- 15ml Sweet Vermouth
- 15ml Dry Gin
- 10ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 1 barspoon Luxardo Amaro Abano
I wanted to create a drink that embodied the Luxardo company, but also merged the Italy with my home, the Sonoran desert. The floral blend of Vermouth, Gin, and Grappa, reminded me of the countryside, but also the floral bloom after spring rains in the desert. The Luxardo Amaro Abano and Luxardo Maraschino balance the floral, earthy notes with a sweet, vibrant complexity. The creosote garnish is both beautiful, a wonderful bouquet, and ties the drink back to my home, the Sonoran desert.
- Build ingredients in a mixing glass, stir over ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe.
- Garnish with a sprig from a creosote bush.