Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 20ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 40ml Whiskey
- 15ml Martini Rosso
- 2 dashes Fernet Branca
- 2 dashes Bitters
La Famiglia Inspiration
The Alberello is inspired by the resilience and determination of Giorgio Luxardo, who following the tragedies of the World Wars rebuilt and grew the Luxardo Distillery in Torreglia. The Lone Sapling that survived the war is a testament to perseverance which I hope to show in this cocktail by using Whiskey which itself struggled through the Prohibition in America. Rounded off with some Italian Liqueurs such as Fernet Branca and Martini Rosso, I hope to create a drink that will stand the test of time. Just as the Luxardo Family did throughout the decades.
- Chill a Coupette glass and prepare orange zest garnish
- Add ingredients into a mixing glass and stir until optimum dilution is achieved
- Remove ice from coupette and strain drink into glass.
- Garnish with Fanned orange zest and serve!