Blood of the Patriots
Luxardo Sangue Morlacco
The original Maraschino Cherries
- Garnish The original Maraschino cherries
- 25ml Cherry Sangue Morlacco
- 30ml Bourbon
- 35ml Clementine Juice
- 10ml Homemade Spiced Nectarine & Chestnut Syrup
- 15ml Dark Spiced Vermouth
La Famiglia Inspiration
My inspiration was drawn from the tragic history that has followed the Luxardo family; the bloodshed, much of which has been in the name of family and Italian patriotism. I built my cocktail around that sense of freedom and patriotism and combined it with something close to me personally - my love of American history and deep south culture. The result being a Blood & Sand cocktail twist intertwined with Luxardo history, American flavours, the American revolution and ingredients that look to build on that story but also uniquely compliment the Luxardo spirit I've chosen 'Cherry Sangue Morlacco' or 'Morlacco's Blood.'
- Prepare ingredients in boston glass with cubed ice and shake.
- Fine strain into chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with Luxardo maraschino cherries on bamboo skewer
- Serve on wooden board with "edible sand" (sugar flavoured with chestnut syrup and luxardo cherry syrup and then smoked with hickory wood)