- 1 teaspoon Absinthe
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 wedge Lime
- 25 ml Saffron Gin
- 1 Dash Bitters
Charlemagne (The Italian King from 744) ordered rosemary to be grown on his farms in the tenth-century in every city he conquered. Italian Saffron from Abruzzi highlands is considered the best in the world. Combining both ideas into this cocktail, I was able to come up with a truly Italian cocktail.
- Dash the bitters over the sugar cube,
- Muddle the lime, rosemerry and sugar in a mixing glass,
- Add the Gin, Luxardo Kirsch and a teaspoon of absinthe,
- Stir until chilled and pour into a martini glass,
- Garnish with a lime twist.