Don of New Jersey
The original Maraschino Cherries
- 2 Luxardo Original Maraschino cherry
- 15ml Egg white
- 25ml Luxardo Amaretto
- 25ml Single malt Scotch whisky
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 3 dashes Bitters
- 15ml Smoked simple syrup
La Famiglia Inspiration
My inspiration comes from Tony Soprano. Throughout the whole series he is torn between is family and his crime family. Taking inspiration from the classic godfather, I used Glenlivet as that's his favourite and decided to use smoked bitters becuase of his love for cigars and to add some smokiness to the drink. The peychauds bitters will bring out the best in the amerreto and bring out the sweet cherry and almond flavours.
- Place whisky, Luxardo Amaretto, lemon juice, smoked simple syrup, bitters and egg white into a shaker
- Dry shake and shake
- Strain into a rocks glass over a rock of ice.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and 2 luxardo cherries.