Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 50ml Gin
- 25ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 20ml Lemon juice
- 20ml Black peppercorn syrup
- 1 Fresh basil leaf
- Dash Bitters
My inspiration came from Italian food. Herbs and spices are key element of any great Italian recipe. Both are introduced to enhance flavour, texture and play an essential role in creating the unique flavours and mystique of Italian food. I have used this to create a great fresh drink with a hint of spice. The freshness coming from the basil and the spiciness from the black pepper.
- For black pepper syrup: Boil down the black pepper with sugar and water,
- Shake all ingredients,
- Double strained into a martini glass,
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and basil leaf.