Luxardo Maraschino Originale
The original Maraschino Cherries
- 35ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 15ml Artichoke liqueur
- 15ml IItalian herbal liqueur
- 5ml Red herbal aperitif liqueur
My name is Simone & I work as a bartender at Quo vadis on Dean Street in Soho. The name of my drink is the main inspiration behind the drink. It is an Italian name: Lo Stivale which means 'the boot' in English- the actual shape of Italy! One of the reason that I chose this name is because all of the ingredients that make up my drink are from Lo Stivale (Italy). The drink is dedicated to Girolamo and Demetrio Luxardo in honor of them beginning the story of Luxardo. The other ingredients that make up the drink are quite bitter and strong in their personality, just like the Luxardo Family that was able to rebuild and start again in Torreglia in 1947 after the Anglo-American bombings that destroyed the Zara distillery. The garnishes for the cocktail are a Luxardo Maraschino cherry and a picture of the ingredients so that you don't forget what you are drinking! They also give the drink a touch of elegance and style that Elisabetta Luxardo pioneered. I hope you will like it and SALUTE!
- Pour all ingredients in a chilled mixing glass,
- Stir it until you get the right dilution,
- Pour in a chilled coupette with an ice-ball to keep it cool,
- Garnish it on the stem of the glass with a Luxrado Maraschino cherry and a picture of the ingredients of the cocktail or a picture of your guest to make his/her experience unique and unforgettable.