Murano In A Glass
Luxardo Maraschino Originale
Luxardo Limoncello, The original Maraschino Cherries
- 20ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 10ml Luxardo Limoncello
- 2 Bar Spoons Luxardo Maraschino Cherry Syrup
- 25ml Whisky
- 25ml Italian bitter liqueur
- 2 Dashes Rhubarb Bitters
The Italian inspiration for my drink is that of Murano Glass. Much like the glass products hailing from the Venetian Island, my drink is a refined end product with plenty complexity, from the whisky and Italian bitter liqueur. It also has rich depth from the Luxardo Maraschino cherry syrup, Luxardo Maraschino Originale and rhubarb bitters, and a beautiful brightness from the Luxardo Limoncello and orange zest - all reminiscent of the fantastic bright and rich colour so commonly seen in Murano Glass. All the above aspects come together to pay homage to the master craftsmanship of Murano Glass and, I hope, represent Murano in a glass.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass,
- Stir until chilled and strain over block ice,
- Garnish with an orange twist and two Luxardo Maraschino Cherries.