Present From the Kitchen
- 25ml Luxardo Amaretto
- 35ml Brand
- 3 dashes Bitters
- 3 dashes Sweet Bitters
- 10ml Absinthe
La Famiglia Inspiration
The inspiration for my cocktail greatly comes from my early Christmas memories. Every year I would go to my Nan and Grandads house and bake what we would have for desert on the day, and the Christmas cake would always have marzipan on it; hence why I decided to use amaretto in my cocktail. I also remember my Nan setting alight to the Christmas Pudding with Brandy, therefore it felt appropriate to use this ingredient. Additionally I feel that smell is a big factor when it comes to Christmas and orange if a very popular scent associated with Christmas. The method of creating my cocktail takes inspiration from the classic Sazerac, a cocktail known to have been created in the 1850s by a bartender named Leon Lamothe.
- In a Brandy Snifter add Absinthe and top with ice and water.
- Separately add three dashes each Bitter and top with ice.
- Gradually stir int he rest of the ingredients.
- Once combined, discard the Absinthe mixture and strain other ingredients into the glass.
- Garnish with a spray of orange scented water and a dehydrated orange wheel.