- 20ml Aperitivo Luxardo
- 25ml Bourbon fat-washed with Prosciutto
- 25ml Aperitif Wine
- 2 Dashes of Celery Bitters
- Atomise with San Marzano Tomato Reduction
La Famiglia Inspiration
To me, at the very center of 'La Famiglia' is dinner time; the 'Prima Portata' or 'First Course' pays homage to this using traditional Italian ingredients such as San Marzano and Prosciutto, but in a contemporary manner. The savory aspects of the drink, combined with Aperitivo Luxardo and Aperitif Wine make it ideal as an Aperitif, hence, the name 'First Course'. The addition of a small edible garnish helps by preparing the metabolism for a hearty meal with the family. Anchorage is an East Coast American inspired bar and kitchen. We take inspiration from Jewish deli type cuisine, seafood, and of course, Italian American cuisine. I have used ingredients such as Bourbon and Celery Bitters to help give the drink an Italian American twist, which I think provides for a contemporary, yet relevant feel.
- Prep your glass and garnish first to avoid the drink over diluting - tie a bev nap around a nice rocks glass to create a pocket, and place your garnish, two small pieces of caremelised deep fried Prosciutto Ham, inside.
- Strain into your rocks, adding a big piece of ice, and atomise with San Marzano tomato reduction.
- Serve and Enjoy.