- 3 Fresh lavender flower
- 40 ml Luxardo Limoncello
- 25 ml Prosecco
- Home-made lavender custard sugar
- Home-made lavender liquid sugar
- 0.5 ml Vodka
- Spray around the glass Lavender infuse Vodka
The journey through my inspiration starts from the Luxardo home town, Padua, city that plays an important role with the Prosecco district of Conegliano Valdobbiadene along with the classic Bellini cocktail invented in Venice, not far from Padua. One more important role in Venice is played by "lo Sgroppin" an alcoholic version of the classic sorbet ( lemon ice cream blended with vodka, limoncello and prosecco) therefore following the Venetian tradition I now can make my sparkling drink with these ingredients: Vodka, Limoncello and Prosecco. Thinking of the busy and hard life we face every day, I felt I needed something delicate in my palate, that could give me the magic feeling of pleasure and relaxation; here is where I associate lavender to my drink, in Italy it's commonly used for aromatherapy and relaxation, lavender flowers are used to reduce anxiety, improve mood, use in cooking, promote restful sleep, pain relief, disinfectant, air or wardrobe perfume and Lavender limoncello can be made as well. So here is my reflection, on the Italian tradition and and the magic moment of the Aperitivo, where after one long day, we expect our guests to come into our busy bar, and order not just a drink, but the drink. Where their mind, palate and body can take full benefit from the amazing botanical properties. The key point for my drink is simplicity...What would be the point of my inspiration if our guests got stressed because they had to wait too long at the bar?
- Rub the rim of the glass with lavender liquid sugar and lavender custard sugar,
- Muddle the fresh lavender flower with plain vodka,
- Add Luxardo limoncello and ice cubes, stir well,
- Double strain into the champagne glass,
- Add prosecco, stir gently,
- Spray around the glass the lavender infused vodka,
- Enjoy the smell and the drink! Salute!