Sonata in D Minor
Luxardo Maraschino Originale
The original Maraschino Cherries
- 25ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 25ml Gin
- 10ml Sweet Spanish Wine
- 5ml Original Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 2 dashs Orange Bitters
- 2 dashes Absinthe
My inspiration for my drink was a gentleman who goes by the name of Giuseppe Domenico Scarlatti (26 October 1685 – 23 July 1757) who was an Italian composer. Like a great cocktail a great composer has to look into musical composition and structure of his original piece of music. I wanted to bring this into my drink with the music being the sensations it leaves on your pallet after every sip. I could imagine Giuseppe composing his piece 'Sonata in D Minor' whilst sipping my aperitivo style cocktail and enjoying some Italian Taleggio cheese on the side. Perfect.
- Chill martini glass,
- Add all ingredients into chilled mixing glass,
- Add ice,
- Stir until cold and pour into chilled martini glass,
- Garnish with a Luxardo Maraschino cherry and serve with some Italian Taleggio cheese on the side.