The Dark Lux
Luxardo Sangue Morlacco
The original Maraschino Cherries, Luxardo Maraschino Originale, Luxardo Amaretto
- 25ml Luxardo Sangue Morlacco
- 20ml Luxardo Amaretto
- 25ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 2 Luxardo Original Maraschino cherry
My primary inspiration are the Luxardo Maraschino Cherries - first used in the Prohibition Era during the 1920s - the maraschino cherries are dipped in dark chocolate and saved to set as the garnish, as you would have the 'olive' as a garnish for the James Bond Vesper martini. My other Italian inspiration is based on the Italian dessert 'Cicoccolatini'; this dessert is a class of its own just like my unique cocktail - both the dessert and my unique martini consists of brandy rich cherry flavours and mixture of dark fruits and dark chocolate.
- Fill glass with crushed ice and soda water to cool,
- Add 20ml Luxado Amaretto to glass with ice,
- Muddle blackberrys and blueberrys in a separate glass,
- Add Luxardo Sangue Morlacco and Luxardo Maraschino,
- Combine all ingredients, adding cubed ice and soda water,
- Swirl and stir ingredients vigorously,
- Strain into a cold glass
- Garnish with Luxardo Maraschino Cherries, dipped in dark chocolate.