The Family that Tea built ( A Mar-Tea-nez story)
Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 20ml Luxardo Maraschino Originale
- 35ml Yorkshire pale ale & Earl Grey tea Vermouth
- 15ml Gin
- 2 dashes Bergamot Oil
- 3 dashes Bergamot bitters
La Famiglia Inspiration
My inspiration came from my parents. I was born in North Yorkshire in 1987 to a father who loved his beer and a mother who loved her Yorkshire tea. Tea is a staple and right of passage not just in our household but in all Yorkshire households and I used this love for both and combined Yorkshire earl Grey tea with Pale ale from York brewery to create an alternative Vermouth to make a twist on my favourite classic Mar-Tea-nez ;-) cocktail. I wanted to ensure that both my Yorkshire ingredients and the Luxardo Maraschino shone through as it's as much a Yorkshire family inspiration as well as the history and family dynamic of Luxardo and create a delicate cocktail that could bring my family and them together. What better way than over a proper brew!
- Add ingredients into a stiring glass
- Fill with cubed ice and stir gently to dilute
- Strain into a China tea pot and serve alongside tea cups.
- Serve with fresh lavender and grapefruit peel on the side and Cream Tea Infused fo