Top of the Rock
- 30ml Luxardo orange bitter
- 10ml Lime juice
- 1 slice Ginger
- 1/2 Passion fruit
- 40 ml Silver tequila
- 4 drop Bitters
My Italian inspiration came from the use of aperitif we have in Italy. As in Italy we make a lot of negroni or americano I was thinking something dry but refreshing at the same time so thats why the chose Luxardo orange bitter, followed by passion fruit and ginger which will give touch of spicy. The use of the bitters will balance the cocktail in your palate. Tequila because this cocktail was inspired while I was in New York at The Top of the Rock - in NY they drink a lot of tequila so I thought it was an amazing combination with Luxardo. I made an amazing connection between the two countries. The name came from this building which they call TOP OF THE ROCK. That's why its served in a julep cup full of rocks. Ladies and gentleman, enjoy.
- Put ginger and passion fruit into the shaker and muddle,
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake,
- Double strain in a julep cup full of ice,
- Garnish with passion fruit, ginger and mint.