The original Maraschino Cherries
- 40ml Luxardo Amaretto
- 25ml Grappa
- 5ml Lime juice
- 25ml Homemade Almonds & Luxardo Maraschino cherries syrup infused with orange zest
- 35 ml Double cream
- 3 dashes Cherry bitters
I am from a little town close to Padua and I had inspiration from my origins and a typical thing that my grandmother sometimes used to do it. She would pour Luxardo Amaretto over the panna cotta after our heavy family dinners. So I tried to recreate that kind of flavour.
- (For syrup) Toast 500g of almonds, boil 1l of water and add the 1kg of sugar and almonds, cool, add 15g Luxardo Maraschino cherry syrup, wait 2 hours and strain, add 2 parts orange zest and leave to rest for 24 hours, strain,
- Pour cocktail ingredients (apart from cream) into a shaker,
- Shake for 10 -12 secods,
- Pour in a coupette glass over an ice,
- Pour in the double cream gently,
- Garnish with grated almond and orange zest.