Dr Brereton’s Hair Revitalising Tonic (Family Recipe)
Luxardo Maraschino Originale
32% alc vol.
Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur is one of the classics. Our straw coated bottles have become iconic and are instantly recognisable in bars throughout the world.
What makes Maraschino so special? For one, it’s one of the very few liqueurs in the world to be produced by distillation, which we obtain from the our exclusively cultivated Luxardo Marasca Cherry. The cherry’s unique sour flavour is entirely ours and is only used in our liqueurs, which we mature for two years in our special Finnish ash vats. We’ve been using the same family recipe since Girolamo Luxardo and his wife started making Maraschino in1821, so you can rest assured that our Luxardo Italian liqueurs are the best of the best.
Like all of our Marasca liqeueurs, Luxardo Maraschino has an intense but well-amalgamated aroma that speaks of quality and excellence, with no aggressive notes to undermine your enjoyment
Though offering a moderate alcohol content, Maraschino is smooth and sharp with a surprising sweetness that you might not expect
Here are some of the best ways to enjoy your Luxardo Maraschino:
• Neat or on the rocks. Makes an excellent after-dinner drink;
• Serve with iced tonic water;
• Use in a variety of Luxardo cocktails that use cherry liqueur as an ingredient. See: Aviation, Martinez and Last Word for inspiration;
• Add to your coffee to give the favour something special.
You can also check out our Get Inspired page recipes page for more creative ways to serve up our classic Italian liqueurs and Luxardo cocktails from last year’s entries for our Luxardo Campione 2014 competition.
Luxardo Maraschino has been the recipient of numerous awards due to is quality and history, including:
• Spirit Journal – USA 2001 4 stars
• Beverage Testing Institute – USA 2002 90/95 Superb
• Wine Enthusiast Magazine – USA 2002 90/95 Best Buy
• Wine Enthusiast Magazine – USA – 2008 - 90/95 Superb and highly recommended
• Selected as one of the Top 50 Spirits of 2007 in the USA
• International Spirits Challenge - London UK 2011 Bronze Medal
• World Spirits Competition - S.Francisco USA 2011 Silver Medal